Background

Monday, April 8, 2013

Smitten.

This trip. This trip has been nothing short of amazing. I can't even begin to gather my thoughts of how inspirational it has been for me. While I have formed blisters on my feet and exhausted my mind and body with late nights of editing, it has been refreshing for my photography business and encouraging for my spirit and heart. There will come a day that I will post in detail about all of the amazing adventures Whitney took me on, but for now, I'm going to focus on my experience tonight. There are many inspirational photographers whom I follow, but there is one in particular I am especially smitten over. Not only is she insanely talented, but she is humble, down to earth, and genuinely kind. So when Whitney told me Katelyn James was going to be in town while I was visiting, to say I was pumped is an understatement. As we sat down, and I watched her talking with others, I was star struck. I couldn't help but be! And then she started speaking, and I felt like what she was saying was directed toward me. You know those Sundays in church when the preacher is speaking directly to you? Like...you feel like you make eye contact far too often for it to be coincidence (or comfortable), well this Monday night was my Sunday, and Katelyn was my preacher. Afterwards, I had the opportunity to talk with her, and she was everything I had hoped she would be and more. Her warm hug and genuine smile instantly put me at ease. So if you ever see this, Mrs. James, I want you to know that as smitten as I was with you before, you have increased my love infinitely by just being you. Thank you for helping to make my trip complete and encourage me to continue doing what I love.

Thank you to Whitney Huynh for the invitation to the meeting tonight (and for oh so much more...but that is in a blog to come) and to Ashley and Grant Scobey of Scobey Photography for your hospitality. (They just may be the cutest couple I've ever seen.)  What an amazing support system the photographers of Atlanta are creating for one another.

"A rising tide raises all boats.” - JFK
 
 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment