Background

Monday, April 15, 2013

Heroes.

Busy. I'm busy. We're all busy. 
But today I am taking the time to say what needs to be said.  Not necessarily for those who are reading it, so much as for my heart to say it.
The first major catastrophe I can remember as a child was 9/11. 
My parents taught me to focus on the ones who were helping.  They always pointed out the people who were running towards the accident; they brought attention to the ones who were giving up their safety and their lives to help those in need.  They didn't dwell on the negatives of the situation; they taught me to focus on the important things- the people, the heroes of the situation.
Today will be the first major catastrophe some of our children will remember.  So what are you going to teach your children from this?  How are you going to let this situation impact their lives?  Because it will.
What are our children going to remember from this day?  The tragedy or the heroes?  Don't be too busy to teach your children who the heroes of this story are.
Boston. My heart is with you.  My prayers are for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment